Configuring SLAs (Service Level Agreements)
SLAs define the rules and parameters used to monitor service requests (and tickets) in real-time to set time limits for certain tickets automatically, and determine when established time limits have been exceeded and additional action is required. The SLA can then help to perform this additional action automatically.
Adding New SLA
- Go to Settings | Incident Management.
- Click on New SLA.
- Assign a meaningful name to this SLA.
- Provide a brief Description for this SLA.
- Enable this SLA.
- If you want this SLA to apply to only certain groups of tickets, add the conditions for that group above the severity section.
- Define the amount of time the ticket is allowed to go without being replied to, and resolved, respectively, for each possible severity.
- Define the actions to be taken when these time limits have not been been met.
IMPORTANT NOTE:If the action involves sending 1 or more emails, you must have created at least 1 email template prior to adding the action, as an automated email must be templated. If no templates exist and your SLA contains an email action, you will be prevented from saving the SLA.
- Save this new SLA.