The "Watchers" feature is a feature that is now available in SupportCentral. What this feature does is allow Technicians who are not assigned to a ticket or the requester of a ticket to receive notifications of updates to a ticket. This can be helpful if another department is waiting on the resolution of a ticket to proceed with their own tasks, or for managers who wish to stay informed of the progress of certain issues.
How to Set Watchers
- Go to the ticket that you wish to set watchers on.
- under "General Info" you will see a row labeled "Watchers"
- if you would like to make yourself a watcher, click "Start Watching".
- if you would like to make other technicians into watchers, click the blue circled number and select those technicians from the displayed dropdown.
- the listed technicians will now receive email alerts for updates to the selected ticket, to choose what kind of actions generate notifications, you can go to settings and choose these in Notifications settings, under "Watcher Notifications"