Installing and Configuring the SiteAgent Service (Required):
1. Select the "Settings" option from the BOSS SupportCentral sidebar menu.
2. Scroll to the "Configuration Management" section of the "Settings" page.
3. Select the "SiteAgent" option.
4. On the "SiteAgent" Page on the right-hand side, select the "New SiteAgent" button.
5. Enter a name for this instance of the SiteAgent (We recommend using the name of the domain) and click "Save".
6. copy the displayed API key to somewhere for later use in the server installation.
7. Return to the main "SiteAgent" page by clicking the "SiteAgent" tab at the top of the screen
8. Run the installer and complete the installation steps. Once the installation is complete and you click finish, Double Click on the BSCAgent GUI Icon and a window should open prompting you to configure the agent.
9. In the configuration window, enter the name of your SupportCentral .Http://ipaddress or servername/supportcentral
11. If the credentials were accepted, you should see a list of all of your Active Directory OUs in the "Active Directory" box. Check the boxes of the OUs you wish to import into SupportCentral (You can also select or deselect specific users), then click the green arrow between the 2 boxes (the one pointing right) to move the OUs to the list to be imported. Once all the OUs you wish to import are in the "Import List" box, click "Sync Now" to sync these assets immediately to SupportCentral, then click next. You will need to do this for Computers and then Users
14. Enter any IP ranges you would like to scan for devices (in the format - ) and click add.
15. Once you have added all the ranges, click the magnifying glass to scan.
16. When the scan has completed, Select the devices you wish to add to your SupportCentral and click the cloud button to sync them.
17. Once the sync is complete, click next.
18. Select which scheduled tasks you would like to turn on, and select what time and which days you would like them to run on. (Note: scheduled tasks cannot be run within 30 minutes of one another). Once the schedules are correct, click the green check mark in the bottom right corner to finalize these settings.
19. After the Sync is run for the first time, you should be able to see details listed next to the SiteAgent in your SupportCentral SiteAgent Settings page.
Additional Configuration of SiteAgent
You can also change several additional settings related to the SiteAgent by doing the following:
1. Go to the server the SiteAgent is installed on.
2. Navigate to the system tray on the taskbar.
3. Right click on the SupportCentral icon.
4. Click "Settings".
Here you can edit how often the agent communicates with SupportCentral, checks for updates, and specify prefixes to ignore in Active Directory
You have now completed the Basic Setup.