To use remote tools from the web interface, you will need to download and install the BOSSDesk Assistant on your computer.
To Obtain the SupportCentral Assistant:
- Navigate to "Settings" in the SupportCentral sidebar. (Note: The "Settings" menu is only available to privileged users.)
- Scroll to the "Configuration Management" section of the "Settings" page.
- Select the "SiteAgent" option.
- Select "Download Assistant" once on the "SiteAgent" page.
- Run the downloaded installer and follow the on-screen dialog to complete the installation.
Configuration of Remote Tools
1. Navigate to "Settings" in the SupportCentralsidebar.
2. Scroll to the "Configuration Management" section of the settings page.
3. Select "Remote Tools".
4. On the right hand side, you can add a remote tool.
5. Paste the default system path to the tool you would like to access from SupportCentral.
6. Add additional arguments that you would use to call this tool form the command line. Hint: Placeholders exist to insert the Asset Name, Hostname, or IP into these arguments.
7. Click "Save"
Using Remote Tools
- Navigate to "ASSETS" in SupportCentral.
- Select the Asset you wish to affect.
- at the top-right corner, select the wrench.
- click the remote tool you wish to use.
- You will be prompted by your browser to allow an external protocol request. allow this request.
- The remote script you designed will be run, using the placeholders for relevant asset information and the tool should open.strong text