You may want to push this up on the priority list.
What has happened here is when the technician sets up an Out of Office replay and a notification occurs from support central BOSS application. An Email infinite loop occurs as we have it setup that end users can submit tickets via email.
- A ticket changes (comments added for instance) by the end user via email.
- BOSS updates the ticket and sends out an email message to the technician.
- The Technician has Out of Office setup which sends an email response to the sender (BOSS).
- BOSS receives the technician’s Out of Office email and creates a new ticket. Then sends a reply to the requester (in this case the technician because they were the sender).
- The technician’s mailbox receives an email from (BOSS) and then the loop starts again (Back to step 3)
There is no facility for turning off a particular technician’s notification in BOSS so we are either forced to turn all notifications off anytime a technician is out or no technician can use their Out of Office feature of their email.
I can also foresee this becoming an issue when an Watcher or Requester sets up an Out of Office message.