Routing - Actions: Watchers

It would be nice to be able to assign Watchers (kinda like the “Assign To” feature) to tickets.

This would be especially useful if not only a team or technician could be assigned as a watcher but also a group.

For example; an end user puts in a ticket and via the routing function, we could also assign the end user’s Management (via a group) to be a watcher of the ticket so they are automatically in the loop as to the current status.

2 Likes

The developers will add a routing rule action that will set watcher to a user. We can submit group as request.

I don’t know if this is the same thing, but we would like to create a routing rule based off of a particular Service Catalog category or particular Service Category form that would add a watcher by rule. I would like to make this as an enhancement requests.

1 Like

I thought this ability was included in the last version we upgraded too (version 4.0.268) but it does not appear to be present. Is there a timeframe ( or version ) that we can expect the ability to add (or assign) watchers to support tickets via routing rules?

this is on the to do list.

We would also like to be able to do this based on the category of the ticket. Any updated timeline for this feature?

We are looking around October